NY Daily News: Rihanna’s lawyers set to request the removal of the protection order against Chris Brown
Listen if these two are hell bent on being together, who are we to say no?
via Daily News
Six months after he brutally beat her, sexy songbird Rihanna is about to tell a judge that she’s not worried about running into the “Run It” singer.
Her lawyer plans to appear at Brown’s sentencing today to ask the court to ditch the order of protection that bars Brown from coming within 50 yards.
The 21-year-old “Umbrella” singer wants a less-stringent “level one” order, with no distance requirement, her lawyer said.
“Our position has not changed. We still believe a level one is sufficient. It would protect her against Chris annoying, harassing or molesting her in any way,” said Rihanna’s lawyer Donald Etra. “She doesn’t feel it’s necessary [to have a 50-yard buffer].”
The formerly squeaky-clean star is expected to receive five years’ probation and be ordered to complete 180 days, or more than 1,400 hours, of community labor and 52 weeks of domestic violence counseling.
“I am sorry. … I wish I had the chance to live those few moments again, but unfortunately I can’t,” Brown said in a taped apology last month. “What I did was inexcusable. I am very sad and very ashamed of what I’ve done.”
The ex-lovers recently made headlines when they checked into separate rooms at the Trump International Hotel & Tower in Columbus Circle the weekend of July 25. Reps denied talk of a reunion.
“There was no intentional violation [of the court order],” Etra said. “My understanding is they were at the hotel at the same time, but it was pure coincidence.”
A Rihanna pal told the Daily News: “She’s not dumb – she would never mess around with him again.”